Urban Sprouts and the Garden for the Environment invite middle school youth ages 11-13 to join our Summer Program!
When and Where?
- Program Dates: June 25th through July 7th. Every weekday from 9am to 1pm (lunch included), with our Final Day Garden Party on Saturday July 7th.
- Location: The Garden for the Environment is located on the corner of 7th Avenue and Lawton Street in the Inner Sunset;
- Work in the garden at the Garden for the Environment
- Harvest, prepare, cook and eat healthy food for lunch every day
- Learn about gardening, cooking, where food comes from, healthy eating, and how to take care of the environment in your community.
- Be creative and make garden art.
- Play games and get to know new people.
- Learn to be a leader in your school and at home – teach others about gardening, healthy food and the environment!
- Celebrate at our Final Day Garden Party on the last day, Saturday July 7th from 11am to 1pm, and invite your friends and family.
- Healthy Eating – how to read food nutrition labels, how to make healthy food choices, and how to LOVE eating fruits and vegetables!
- Environmental Skills – how to grow food and flowers in the garden, how to take care of the environment through gardening, composting, recycling and water conservation!
- Physical Activity – how to stay strong and healthy by working your body in the garden!
- Leadership – learn new skills and become a stronger, more confident leader in your school and community.
- Job Skills - how to get and keep a job - and get paid too! Youth receive a stipend for completion.