We're also looking for Advisory Board members to help guide and lead our organization as we grow and develop.
School Garden Assistants are needed to:
- Work with young people during the school day and after school working as they weed, dig beds, plant seeds, water and mulch the school garden.
- Assist with conducting our evaluation research study.
- Help plan and staff Salad Days - students serve a school-grown salad bar to the entire student body.
- Help plan and staff Garden Parties - students host a community celebration that includes garden work, harvesting, cooking, group games and arts activities attended by students, families, teachers and community members.
- Organize, plan and help build tool sheds, worm boxes and toolboxes.
- Maintain the garden during the summer and school vacations.